Friday, August 10, 2007

These days I take a shower once a week. Showers are triggers in HG for vomiting. It isn't uncommom for women with HG to rarely shower. For those of you who know me you know how strict I am on cleansing and moisturizing morning and night - you would be shocked to know how many mornings and evenings I have NOT washed and moisturized. It is amazing how HG takes all your strength.

Today Shelley came to change the dressing on my PICC line. I am having some skin breakdown from having my skin covered with tape consistently. She had to change the positioning so that some of the skin can recover. I have to look away when she is changing it, and if I do look down at what she is doing, I have to hold my breath. She cleans it off really good, repositions it, and then fastens it down again before taping it back up.


No comments: