Thursday, June 4, 2009

Update



I am now 6 months and can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm still on the Zofran Medicine Pump. They have moved my dosage to the maximum dose. The pump is a something I carry around with me and gives me doses of medicine throughout the day and night. I change the site once or twice a day, depending on how sore the site is. The best place to put the port is in my outer thigh. After 4 months of changing the site daily my legs are sore, bruised and knotted because the medicine is so hard on the tissue. I am having a hard time finding new spots for the Orbitz site that aren't painful.

There was a period of time in the past couple months when I felt like I was getting better and able to eat "normal" food (something other than bland carbohydrates). I even gained weight and got back up to my pre-pregnancy weight. However, in the past couple of weeks I have digressed. I am having a hard time keeping anything down. I can't drink any fluids without throwing them up - which is not good at all. If this keeps up I will end up with a PICC Line again. While the PICC Line is helpful because I get constant fluids it is beyond difficult to deal with an IV Pole AND taking care of Levi. It almost makes me crazy just to think about that!! At this point I've started to lose weight again since I can't keep anything down.

One plus is that I have Levi on an awesome schedule of two naps a day. After much experimentation we found out he NEEDS two naps a day at this point...and SO DO I! Praise God he is such a good sleeper!!

We were supposed to be in Mexico right now for our 5th Anniversary. Praise God we didn't go. Numerous people told me (including my doctor) I would feel much better at sea level so we went ahead and booked our week long trip. With the swine flu we cancelled. At this point I am thankful I won't be flying anywhere and won't be somewhere hot, humid and sleeping in a different bed. The thought of being on a plane and traveling with how I am feeling is dreadful. We will be going to Denver and spending 4 days, without Levi, for our anniversary - which sounds perfect to me at this point.

Thank you for your prayers and for always checking in on me!! We are hanging in there and excited to meet Zane Jaxon!! Levi will kiss my tummy now when I ask him to "kiss the baby". So very sweet!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Hang in there, girl. I cannot imagine what you are going through. Yeah for naps!!

SARAH said...

You can do it! It will be so worth it when you hold your son for the first time. Those zofran pumps are no fun but they keep you out of the hospital! Prayers and thoughts are with you and your family!